Here at Infinitely Mystical, we explore enlightenment and higher consciousness in simple, clear English
The philosophy presented in my work goes back thousands of years and is sometimes refered to as “nondual wisdom.” Through this website and my book, I hope to offer you a fresh and easy-to-understand expression of this wisdom in simple, clear English. It hardly needs to be mentioned that I am just offering my own opinion for your consideration. You can take what you like and leave the rest. Even though some of us may see things differently, I hope that my work will inspire us to respect one another, treat each other kindly and work towards personal and world peace. With that in mind, here are some of my completely free essays, poems, songs and book excerpts.
Here are the transcripts of one of my talks. If you are not familiar with my work, I recommend that you start with this short piece. It’s an overview of spiritual awakening in simple, clear English. In my talk, I present this material slowly over about 20 minutes but you can read the transcripts much faster than that. I expand on all these points in my book and essays, and I will continue to do so with future talks. Perhaps this piece will inspire you to explore my website further and maybe even attend our online meetings.
The term “nondual” means “not two” and it comes about because God and creation are seen as One Reality, not two. This wisdom holds that the unseen Creator arises as the creation we see all around us. This is like an actor arising as a character. There is a difference between the the actor and the character since the actor still exists even when the role of the character is dropped. The actor is the source of the character; it’s not the other way around. Yet when the actor arises as the character, they are one. You can read more in this essay.
- Is our physical world “the totality of reality” or is it only “part of the picture?”
- Why would anyone say that the world is an illusion?
- What is a good definition of an illusion?
- Don't draw the wrong conclusion from only part of the picture
- How can we find out more about the big picture?
- I call the big picture, “The Mystic's View”
In late 2005, I became aware of a man on California's death row named Stanley “Tookie” Williams. He was scheduled to be put to death in just a few weeks and there was an effort to prevent this. This is the story of my experience with the deep sorrow that arose within me when I learned that this reformed man had indeed been put to death. This experience was so profound that it changed my life in a very deep way. Perhaps you will be inspired by what I have to share about this.
While this is not strictly an excerpt from my book, it is still an excellent summary of many of its key points. If you like this essay, you will probably also like my book.
The translation of the word “anatta” as “no self” has caused, in my opinion, a fair amount of confusion and this has been going on for a very long time, perhaps over two thousand years! For example, you sometimes hear people say that “you do not exist” or that “the person does not exist.” But if you consider “anatta” in its original context of the process of disidentification from the five "skandhas" – the five components of the person or personality – and translate it as “not self,” you have a much clearer idea of the wisdom being offered. And most importantly, the process of reidentificaion as everyOne should not be overlooked since this is what opens up the loving heart of enlightenment.
Many people incorrectly think that illusions are “unreal.” In other words, they think that illusions don’t exist at all. But an illusion is something that exists in a deceptive way. This misunderstanding is the reason why there is so much confusion about this subject. So in this essay, I will cover what is unreal, what is an illusion and what is real. I will also talk about why some people say that the world is relatively real and why they say that God (Source-Awareness) is Absolutely Real. So let’s jump in and see what we find.
- How could this be true and yet not be obvious?
- It's like liquid water and solid ice. They are the same essence in different forms.
- We are all made out of the same essence but we are not all the same.
- We are each a unique expression of the eternal divine essence!
- Through this mysterious essence, we are all connected to each other!
- We are all divine drops in the ocean of God!
- Know yourself and you shall know God!
- I was inspired to write this poem back in 2007
- The thoughts that you bring to each and every moment determine your experience
- Thoughts of acceptance and embrace create emotions of oneness, peace and joy
- Thoughts of rejection create the emotions of separation, frustration, fear and pain
- The idea of God and creation being the same reality in different forms is developed
- The ideas in each stanza are expanded in more detail
- While you emotionally accepted the world, you can still work towards change
- Inner creation: the instant creation of your emotions
- Outer creation: the people, things and events attracted to you as time unfolds
- Unconscious creation by habitual thought
- Conscious creation by choosing your attitude
- How to breaking the circle of unconscious creation of disharmony
- How to respond to difficult challenges that arise
- You are not simply connected to God, every aspect of your being is divine!
- God is not just deep within you at a special place; you are divine at every level!
- If God did not want something to exist, it would not exist
- Will you love it all, simply because you can?
- Pollyanna’s Glad Game: Find something about everything to be glad about
- The immediate effect of your thoughts and attitude
- To what degree do we control our own life?
- The Serenity Prayer
- Open, flowing, adventurous affirmations
- Surfing the cosmic wave. Learn to be flawlessly aerodynamic!
- Yet sometimes very difficult situations arise
- Is the glass half-empty or is it half-full? Reframing into a bigger picture
- The mystic's view: God and creation are the same reality in different forms
- You are safe in the hands of God!
A popular book has a title that states that men come from a far away planet and that women come from a completely different far away planet. The implication is that we have very different fundamental natures, that we are basically different creatures, and can only hope of getting along when we both understand these natures. While this book has genuinely helped millions of people, I would like to add a few comments of my own.
Irving Berlin wrote "God Bless America" in 1938 as World War Two was starting in Europe. I have always considered it a very beautiful song. I hope that my expansion of the song to include another verse that includes all of humanity is not seen in any way as me being critical of the original song or of America itself. Here are both verses and also Irving Berlin's prelude to the song.
Did John Lennon and Carl Perkins connect with their friends and family from the other side?
John Edward is a famous psychic medium who communicates with the spirits of people who have passed on. His 2001 book titled Crossing Over contains many stories that offer compelling evidence for the survival of human consciousness after the death of the body.
This essay covers some of my favorites from that book. Read about Carl Perkins, his daughter Debbie, Elvis Presley, Paul McCartney and John Lennon.
In addition to John Edward's book Crossing Over I also recommended The Afterlife Experiments by Gary Schwartz, Ph.D. since it goes into this subject in a scientific way.
There are conflicting claims about whether Harry Houdini, the world famous escape artist and magician, after his death in October 1926, was successful in passing a prearranged secret coded message to his wife in January 1929 through Arthur Ford, a psychic medium. Read about the cleverly coded message that was received by Beatrice Houdini and the document that she signed stating that the message was correct!
Can you see the 3-D dinosaur in the picture to the left? (Don't worry if you can't; it's much easier with the larger image in the essay.) Anyway, why do I bring this up? Well, this reminds me of seeing the mystic's view. Before you understand it, the mystical understanding of the world seems like a jumbled mess of words but once you get it, the clarity snaps into focus.
My mentor, Timothy Conway, was kind enough to write the foreword to my book. He even snuck in a few interesting teachings, which is of course, just like Timothy. You can check it out if you are inspired. Thanks for reading some of my work!
I will occasionally add more essays. I hope you will join us for those!
In truth, I honor your divine nature.
All my best, Thomas Razzeto
Back to top
Copyright 2001 - 2017 Thomas Razzeto - All rights reserved.